Login  Register

Post subject: Re: Anyone coughing more from e-cig?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:55 pm 
Infiniti Ion Owner

Unless it is blood, I don't think coughing up phlegm is a bad thing. Example: when we're sick, we usually cough up phlegm. All the bad stuff has to go somewhere, and your body chooses to cough it up as one of the fastest means of getting rid of it.

Flavors were vaped on an Elite and Ion 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:11 am 
Elite Owner

^truth
As Cuco said, as long as it's not a strange color (well you know what I mean) you'll be alright. It's just ridding the body of stuff it doesn't want or need in it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:31 am 

I'd say your coughing up phlegm because of the analogs not your e-cig, although i have heard from certain people that vaping PG liquid does make there chest seize up and make them cough more, so i don't know what kind of liquid you use but if you use pg you may want to switch to VG or maybe a mix of the two

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:41 am 
Gemini Owner

I vape a lot...I'm talking 3-4 full gemini carts a day. I don't cough, but once or twice a day I get a nice liquified chunk of clear phlegm. Feels great to get rid of and is absolutely nothing like that of which I expelled while smoking analogs.

Coughing? Maybe the first day or two. No more than that. Been going on a month of vapage now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:57 am 
since i started I cough up way more phlegm, vapin for 4 days, i can breathe better too. blood is no good but i get a small spot of blood sometimes in the morning. my doc seems to think as the tar and other bad stuff breaks off the air sacs and esophagus it tears at normal tissue hence the small spot here and there of blood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:13 pm 
Gemini Owner

I've heard that coughing up stuff is part of the healing process and it is completely normal as long as it doesn't get painful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 am 
Elite Owner

Yes, that as well. Your lungs still don't want anything in there that came from analogs, so as it heals, and recovers, your body will try and expell the bad stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 am 

Hi, I work where there are people around me that are constatly smoking, so instead of smoking I wanted to try a "healthier approach" and try ecigs. I started doing research on what I needed for my new venture from whats mods to get to whats attys, carts and tanks I would need.As well as the e liquids and flavors, nicotine levels and vg and pg bases I wanted to use. So after about a week of extensive research I decided that I was going to try it out. So now Ive been vaping for 2 weeks now and Im noticing that my mucus is black when I spit. I have been reading forums and people have been saying that its from people that have stopped smoking anologs and that its the build up of residual tar that is being coughed up. This infact cannot be the case because Ive never smoked anologs or anything else in my life. So my question is can someone that has true knowledge about this tell me why I am spitting up black mucus and what is going on ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 am 
Site Admin/Revolver Rep
Site Admin/Revolver Rep

Just because you didn't smoke does not mean your lungs are healthy. Second-hand smoke is worse for you they say.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:20 pm 

My answer to the question is no. Whole reason I switched to this was after waking up one morning I had a really hard time breathing. Actually scared me. Been using the Talon for about 6 months and I've been breathing easier. Now if I can bring my weight down again, life would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:42 pm 

Valkyrin wrote:
My answer to the question is no. Whole reason I switched to this was after waking up one morning I had a really hard time breathing. Actually scared me. Been using the Talon for about 6 months and I've been breathing easier. Now if I can bring my weight down again, life would be great.

Now that you quit smoking you should be able to breath better. This will lead to sleeping better. That will lead to more energy. When all is said in done you will actually gain the energy to get into shape. Its only a matter of time! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 am 

I've smoked for about 14 years and I'm only 29. I could feel my body getting tired more and more I smoked analogs. Once I switched to vaping which was just a little shy of 2 months ago the whole first couple weeks I was spitting up all the crap in my lungs from the analogs. Now almost 2 months later I feel healthy I'm not running out of breath when walking up stairs. All kinds of goodies. Best of all I don't stink any more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:43 pm 

ook now remember the symptoms of quitting will show as your body trys to push out the junk from cigarettes ive been vaping a long while now and my coughing quit after the first two months or so. that is how i tell all my friends and family about this transition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 pm 

your taste buds will actually regenerate too just wait its amazing!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am 
Infiniti Ion Owner

Every time I introduce someone to vaping I give them the lesson that they're going to get sick. It happens to almost everyone I've known who switched. They all spend the first 2-3 days off cigarettes fine, then go through a week of feeling like they have a cold. After that, you end up feeling better than you did before you started vaping.